Thursday, July 22, 2010

Breakfast with a butterfly

Today, I was sitting outside eating my breakfast when this black thing flew right by my face. My first thought, of course, was "what in the world was that?!" but once it had landed I realized it was a butterfly. I took a closer look to find that it was black and a mid-night blue color. Nearby, another butterfly came and landed on a bush but this one was yellow.

I am often taken back by the details in the smallest creatures. It is an awesome reminder that God truly does care! He cares about the little things and He cares about the big things too! What if God had left butterflies colorless - if they were black & white? Wouldn't that be strange? But He cared enough to color them in! I am so awestruck by the way He cares but then I really shouldn't be surprised considering He created me and the world and everything in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment